Game Designer & 2D Artist
5+ years of experience in game design, 2D art, programming and music. Iterates upon game systems, flow and presentation, facilitating work for the team.
I spent most of my life in Ontario. Ever since childhood, I've had a passion for drawing and a knack for maths. I studied piano for 8 years, often participated in holiday concerts, and won several awards from competitions. My first exposure to video games were Super Mario 64, Runescape and Generation 3 Pokémon. My favourite genre is the shoot 'em up.
Even when I was around 10 years old, I often sketched out hypothetical game ideas and user interfaces (not even knowing the term existed). I made enough of these sketches to fill entire scrapbooks.
In 7th grade, I discovered MIT Media Labs' visual programming language Scratch. Scratch was my first experience with programming in general, and many years of experimenting and creating projects would evolve into an earnest interest in developing games. Additionally, I picked up game modding in my free time, giving me firsthand experience with real game systems. I realized that I could apply all of my skills — design, drawing, music, computation — towards doing something I loved.
Over the years, I put the various skills I learned into practice. I believe that a valuable member in a development team is someone with an understanding of all aspects involved in the development of a project, such that they can perfectly cooperate with their teammates of varying talents. To that end, I aimed to improve myself equally in a wide array of skills, and I continue to do so today while picking up new ones as well.
Some of my favourite games:
• Touhou Project
• Granblue Fantasy
• Enter the Gungeon
• 100% Orange Juice
• Team Fortress 2
• Take ownership of UI art assets and ensure they come to life within the game
• Collaborate closely with game designers, artists, and other programmers
Kids Great Minds
• Developed and taught course material on various digital media creation software to children of all ages
• Followed design and coding practices emphasizing readability and efficiency in order to make course material accessible
• Successfully communicated concepts to children completely new to design and programming
Vaughan Public Libraries
• Assisted instructor of iCreate Workshop with teaching creation of digital multimedia
• Lead instructor for game making sessions
• Worked on both volunteer and contract basis
Honours Bachelor of Game Design